Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This sweet and savory dish is popular in south-west China. Happily harvested from the 'net for the Asian Forum's Green, eggs & ham 3/08 recipe swap!! YUM!!
- Lay the ham slices out in the rice bowl of a steamer. Sprinkle with the brown sugar. Steam for 25 minutes, adding more water as needed.
- When the ham is nearly finished cooking, combine the soy sauce, water and honey in a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and keep warm.
- Add the pear slices to the steaming dish. Brush the pears and ham slices with some of the sauce. Steam for 5 more minutes.
- Pour the remainder of the sauce over and garnish with the green onion before serving.
Had a glitch with the previous review....got sent before I could praise the dish. Maybe it deserves 2 reviews of 5 stars :) I have to admit it was good. Instead of thin slices I diced the ham into small cubes so I could use chopsticks. Served over brown rice. Very easy to make and will definitely be made again!!!