- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup honey, warmed
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup farina, uncooked (cream of wheat)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.Butter a 8x8 pan.
- In a medium bowl cream together butter and warm honey.Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Gradually fold in farina,cinnamon, and almonds.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool for 15 minutes.
- Simmer water and honey for 10 minutes and pour over halva.
- Cool and cut into squares or diamonds.