I wanted something different for a cookout. This is so good, if you're having company, you'd better fix two. It's butterflied, so it increases marinated flavor and shortens grilling time. Everyone I fixed this for has asked for the recipe. I marinate in the morning to have ready for dinner.
- Trim fat, butterfly roast by cutting lengthwise to 1/2 inch of other side.
- Place in dish or large zip-loc.
- Combine soy sauce, ginger, and garlic, pour over roast.
- Refrigerate 3 hours or more.
- turning occasionally.
- Remove roast, discard marinade.
- Combine brown sugar, honey and sesame oil in a saucepan.
- Cook over low heat until sugar dissolves.
- Coat grill rack with cooking spray.
- Place roast over medium hot coals (350-400°F).
- Brush with mixture.
- Cook 20-25 minutes or until meat thermometer reaches 160°F.
- Baste frequently.