Recipe by MelinOhio
I wanted something different for a cookout. This is so good, if you're having company, you'd better fix two. It's butterflied, so it increases marinated flavor and shortens grilling time. Everyone I fixed this for has asked for the recipe. I marinate in the morning to have ready for dinner.
Top Review by didyb
It's a winner. It was pouring out- so I ended up cooking in the oven. It took about 1 hour 15 minutes at 350. I kept covered in foil with the marinade for the first 45 minutes, then uncovered and poured off most of the marinade and basted with the glaze for the last part. It was yummy. I was afraid it would be too sweet, but the garlic/salt of the marinade helped. Like Kraiz, I also have made this before with all of the ingredients in the marinade, and it turns out nice that way too, just no glaze.
- 1 (3 lb) boneless pork loin roast
- 2⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sesame oil
- vegetable oil cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim fat, butterfly roast by cutting lengthwise to 1/2 inch of other side.
- Place in dish or large zip-loc.
- Combine soy sauce, ginger, and garlic, pour over roast.
- Refrigerate 3 hours or more.
- turning occasionally.
- Remove roast, discard marinade.
- Combine brown sugar, honey and sesame oil in a saucepan.
- Cook over low heat until sugar dissolves.
- Coat grill rack with cooking spray.
- Place roast over medium hot coals (350-400°F).
- Brush with mixture.
- Cook 20-25 minutes or until meat thermometer reaches 160°F.
- Baste frequently.