Prep 15 mins
Cook 9 hrs
From Parade Magazine, May 16, 1999. I had this in my recipe box all this time and never got around to making it. It's got OJ and lemon juice too, soy sauce, garlic, ginger...an Asian style. Marinate overnight to get full flavor.
- Combine all ingredients, except for the chicken, in a large bowl.
- Add the chicken and toss well in the marinade to coat.
- Cover and marinate from 4 hours to overnight in the refrigerator, turning occasionally.
- Bring to room temperature before grilling.
- Grill 3 inches from the heat source, 4-5 minutes per side or until cooked through. *Be careful when grilling skinless chicken breasts that they don't dry out.
- Remove to a plate and let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
This was a delicious recipe. I used chicken breasts and then marinated them over night. The flavor was soo good. Next time though, I think I will make a separate batch of the marinade and try reducing it so I can glaze the chickens as they cook.
Our family loved this. The taste of ginger made it different than things I usually cook.