Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 40 mins
I got this recipe with the booklet that came with my Breadman Machine. It makes a moist, slightly dense, chewy loaf that I really enjoy. I sometimes add in some raisins, depending on how many raisins were in the granola. The cooking time will depend on the cycle of your bread machine.
- 1⁄2 cup warm water
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 6 ounces plain low-fat yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup granola cereal
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons powdered milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- This is a Bread Machine Recipe: Put ingredients into Bread Pan in the order appropriate for your machine.
- Bake on whole wheat cycle (if available), light setting.
This is such a great tasting bread toasted, without anything except butter. I did find it was quite sticky in my bread machine. I had no powdered milk, so I used regular milk. I did add about 1/2 cup flour and it improved the consistency. I used the dough setting and baked it in the oven. Excellent recipe I'll use again and share.
Fantastic! I used homemade granola with almonds and coconut. I didn't have any yogurt so I substituted with what I had in the fridge... small curd cottage cheese and sour cream (3oz each). I omitted the milk powder and added 1/2 cup each of dried blueberries and dried cranberries. Unbelievably tasty!
This recipe is absolutely delicious! We use coconut oil instead of the canola, milk rather than the water and dry milk powder and we use 100% whole wheat flour and add vital wheat gluten as well but otherwise we do it exactly the same. We also make our own yogurt so this is a great way to use it up.