Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
Make your own granola. It is great with yogurt or to use with other recipes.
Top Review by lmbo
This is the best Granola I have ever made! I cooked for 10 minutes then stirred it, I did this 31/2 times and it turned out perfect. We won't be buying anymore, not when this is so easy and inexpensive!
- 12 cups rolled oats
- 1 1⁄2 cups coconut
- 1 1⁄2 cups of shelled sunflower seeds
- 1 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 cups honey (if your prefer soft and chewy granola use 3 cups of honey)
- 2⁄3 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F
- In very large bowl, combine oat, coconut, seeds, and dry milk. Mix well.
- Combine honey, oil, and vanilla and pour over oat mixture; stir to coat.
- Divide mixture evenly into 2 ungreased 13x9-inch baking pans.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 to 30 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently.
- Let cool slightly, then stir to break into small pieces. Stir in raisins. Cool completly.
- Store in tightly covered container for up to 1 month, refrigerate for longer storage.