Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Make your own granola. It is great with yogurt or to use with other recipes.
- 12 cups rolled oats
- 1 1⁄2 cups coconut
- 1 1⁄2 cups of shelled sunflower seeds
- 1 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 cups honey (if your prefer soft and chewy granola use 3 cups of honey)
- 2⁄3 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups raisins
- Heat oven to 350°F
- In very large bowl, combine oat, coconut, seeds, and dry milk. Mix well.
- Combine honey, oil, and vanilla and pour over oat mixture; stir to coat.
- Divide mixture evenly into 2 ungreased 13x9-inch baking pans.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 to 30 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently.
- Let cool slightly, then stir to break into small pieces. Stir in raisins. Cool completly.
- Store in tightly covered container for up to 1 month, refrigerate for longer storage.
This is the best Granola I have ever made! I cooked for 10 minutes then stirred it, I did this 31/2 times and it turned out perfect. We won't be buying anymore, not when this is so easy and inexpensive!
I really like how basic this recipe is. The flavor compliments anything you want to add to it to "dress it up". All combinations of nuts and dried fruits that I've tried so far have gone really well. I even used it to make Recipe #57093 and it worked beautifully for that also. Thanks for sharing!