Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe came about from tinkering with a few granola recipes. I wanted something that tasted really good, using ingredients that I usually have in the house, that was fast to make and on the whole, somewhat healthy.
- Combine oats, raisins and coconut in a large bowl; mix well and set aside.
- Combine honey, butter, cinnamon, vanilla and salt in a microwave proof bowl and cook in microwave until butter and honey are melted.
- Stir together then pour over oat mixture and toss until well blended.
- Spread on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until lightly golden.
- It will darken a little when it cools.
- Stir half way through.
- Remove and let cool.
Great recipe - not too sweet, very flexible.
Made some changes, due to what I had on hand: used dried cranberries instead of raisins, molasses and light corn syrup instead of honey, and added 1/4 cup slivered almonds and 1/4 cup walnut pieces. Turned out really good! Thanks for sharing!
I love this simple but delicious recipe! I left out the coconut as my husband doesn't like it. I love that this recipe uses honey instead of sugar, making it healthier. We have been enjoying this granola on top of homemade yogurt and frozen berries.