Recipe by Karen=^..^=
I call this "Light" because there is more white flour than wheat flour. It is not intended to mean it's low in calories or light in color! Adapted from my Oster Bread Machine Book. Note: First ingredients listed are for a 1.5 lb. loaf. Ingredient amounts in parentheses are for a 2 lb. loaf.
- 236.59 ml water (1 3/8 c )
- 29.58 ml butter (2 1/2 tbl )
- 22.18 ml honey (2 tbl )
- 4.92 ml salt (1 3/4 tsp )
- 532.32 ml bread flour (2 1/2 c )
- 236.59 ml whole wheat flour (1 1/4 c )
- 118.29 ml quick-cooking oats (2/3 c )
- 9.85 ml dry active yeast (2 1/4 tsp )
Directions See How It's Made
- All ingredients should be at room temperature.
- Add to bread machine as your model's instructions direct. Mine are as follows.
- Add liquid ingredients to bread pan.
- Add dry ingredients, except yeast, to bread pan.
- Make a well in dry ingredients and carefully add yeast.
- Select the "Wheat" or "Whole Wheat" Setting on your machine.
- Choose crust color, if applicable.
- Press Start!