Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I posted this in a request of crackers with only whole wheat flour. This recipe comes from a Bosch recipe book called "The Natural Nine Cooking with Whole Grains". I have not tried this recipe, but hope to soon. Enjoy.
- 2 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- Blend tog flour, salt, soda, brown sugar and shortening in Bosch mixing bowl.
- Mix in honey and oil with the shortening mix.
- Add cold water and mix only enough to combine.
- Roll out to 1/8 inch thickness on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Cut into 2 inch squares.
- Prick crackers with fork.
- Bake on the centre rack in a 425 degF oven for 8-10 minutes.
- If the outside row of crackers browns before the center, remove outer crackers from pan and continue baking.