Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Turkey with glaze.
- 1 turkey (6 to 9 lb.)
- 1 cup bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1 tablespoon orange rind, grated
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Rinse turkey inside and out. Pat dry. Reserve giblets and neck for broth.
- Make filling: Mix bread crumbs, green pepper, onion, chicken broth and spices.
- Add orange peel and orange juice.
- Spoon stuffing into cavity of turkey. Close openings with skewers.
- Place turkey, breast side up, on a rack in a shallow pan. Insert meat thermometer in thickest part of thigh.
- Roast turkey, uncovered, at 325 degrees for about 1 hour.
- For glaze combine butter, orange juice and honey.
- Brush turkey several times with glaze and pan drippings and roast it for another 1 1/2 to 2 hours until thermometer registers 180 degrees.
- Remove turkey, keep warm; slice and serve.
I don't care who ya are, I had the best lookin'turkey on Christmas! No I Did!!! No Me!!! Gorgeous turkey, and wonderful taste, and just perfect! Thanks tonks for the excepional recipe.
OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!this was a devine recipe truely the BEST turkey i have ever had.This was the first whole turkey I have ever made in my life i cooked it for my boyfriend and friends.Nobody could belive that it was my first turkey it was perfect!!Thak you for a EXCELLENT recipe.
Exceptional turkey! This turkey was so tender and juicy! The flavors were perfect! There are no amounts listed for the bread crumbs in the recipe - so my roommate added a bag of stuffing mix... Wonderful Recipe!