1/1 Photo of Honey-Glazed Sweet Potatoes
abe ray's Note:
this recipe comes from kwanza karamu!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1place sweet potatoes in a large pot and add enough water to barely cover them. bring water to a boil and cook sweet potatoes 20-30 minutes,until they are soft when pierce with a fork.
- 2remove sweet potatoes from hot water and allow to cool in a large bowl for 1-2 hours. once cool,peel off skins and cut potatoes into small chunks.
- 3in a saucepan over medium heat,melt butter and then add sugar,honey,cinnamon,and nutmeg.cook for 10 minutes.
- 4add sweet potatoes. cook over low heat for about 20 minutes,sitirring ofter so potatoes don't stick to pan. serve hot.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey-Glazed Sweet Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (123 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 355.4
- Calories from Fat 156
- Total Fat 17.4 g
- Saturated Fat 11.0 g
- Cholesterol 45.7 mg
- Sodium 210.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 34.9 g
- Protein 1.8 g