Prep 2 hrs
Cook 1 hr
this recipe comes from kwanza karamu!
- 6 -8 medium sweet potatoes
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed tightly in measuring cup
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- place sweet potatoes in a large pot and add enough water to barely cover them. bring water to a boil and cook sweet potatoes 20-30 minutes,until they are soft when pierce with a fork.
- remove sweet potatoes from hot water and allow to cool in a large bowl for 1-2 hours. once cool,peel off skins and cut potatoes into small chunks.
- in a saucepan over medium heat,melt butter and then add sugar,honey,cinnamon,and nutmeg.cook for 10 minutes.
- add sweet potatoes. cook over low heat for about 20 minutes,sitirring ofter so potatoes don't stick to pan. serve hot.