1 hr 43 mins
I got this out of a magazine that was in the lunchroom at work. I haven't made it yet. I am planning on making it for Thanksgiving this year. It sounds tasty and different. My sweet potato hating DH said he might even try it!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Roast potatoes in 400 oven for 40-50 minutes, until firm/tender.
- 3Peel potatoes and cut them into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- 4Peel, halve and core apples.
- 5Cut apples into 1/4 inch thick wedges and toss into a bowl with the lemon juice.
- 6Grease a 3-3 1/2 quart casserole with 1 Tbsp of the butter.
- 7In a microwave safe bowl, combine honey, remaining butter, apple juice concentrate, allspice and salt.
- 8Heat on high for 1 minute or until butter melts.
- 9Stir to combine.
- 10Heat oven to 375.
- 11Cover bottom of casserole with potato slices.
- 12Top with a layer of apple slices.
- 13Drizzle with half of the honey mixture.
- 14Alternately arrange potato and apple slices on top, overlapping to fit.
- 15Drizzle with remaining honey mixture.
- 16Using a bulb baster, baste with honey mixture in bottom of casserole several times during baking.
- 17Bake 40 minutes or until apples are tender.
- 18Turn on broiler.
- 19Broil 4-6 inches from heat sorce 2 minutes or until edges of apples are golden.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey Glazed Sweet Potato and Apple Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (223 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 261.9
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 136.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 29.0 g
- Protein 2.0 g