Recipe by Kree
I got this from the "Eating for IBS" cookbook by Heather Van Vorous. I haven't tried it yet, but it's supposed to be "crunchy, sweet, and salty all at once." Sounds like a great way to calm your cravings! Make sure you see my note at the bottom about cooking time, since microwave powers vary.
Top Review by XandersMom
Very quick and easy. I used mixed nuts, and cheerios, and added some broken graham crackers. Was sweet and tasty, I will definitely it make again, and I may add a little bbq seasoned salt for that spicy/sweet/salty/crunch!
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, stir together oil and honey until well blended.
- In a large bowl, stir together cereals and pretzels, top with honey mixture, and stir until well combined.
- Microwave on high for 5-6 minutes, stirring well every 90 seconds, until it is cooked through and begins to look golden (it should no longer look "wet", but will still be slightly sticky!).
- Cool thoroughly before serving.
- Note: You might want to start nuking it for 45 seconds at a time and stirring in between; I've heard of some people having trouble with it burning otherwise.
- It may take as little as 3 minutes, so watch carefully!