Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Lovely side dish to serve with pork. Easy and quite low calorie
- 1 1⁄4 lbs shallots, peeled
- 1 teaspoon butter
- salt & pepper
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup unsalted vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon of fresh mint, chopped
- Melt the butter in a heavy skillet.
- Add the shallots, honey, salt& pepper pour in the stock and cook over medium heat, simmering until almost all of the liquid has evaporated, about 30 minutes.
- Stir in the mint and serve.
A lovely dish to just EAT anytime!! Next time I will double the recipe so I can have 2nds! This is sooo delicious & so low in fat & calories - woohoo! Thanks, Bergy!