Recipe by dicentra
From 365 Low Fat Recipes. I will omit the mint when making this. Make sure your shallots are all about the same size.
- 1 lb shallot
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth (or vegetable)
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped of fresh mint
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim ends and tips from shallots. Remove papery skins.
- In a large nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Stir in honey. Add shallots salt and pepper.
- Pour in chicken broth and bring to a simmer.
- Cook, uncovered, shaking pan several times, until shallots are tender and almost all of the liquid has evaporated to a glaze, 25-30 minutes.
- Stir in parsley and mint before serving.