Another transfer from epicurious for safe-keeping. Sounds delicious, and how can you go wrong with scallops and peaches? The salsa is also apparently quite tasty with mangoes....
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 3/4 cups peeled peaches, diced
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon seeded jalapeno chile, minced
- 2 teaspoons peeled fresh ginger, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons oriental sesame oil
- 16 large sea scallops
- 2 tablespoons honey
- fresh cilantro leaves
- 1Mix peaches, red bell pepper, green onions, 2 tablespoons lime juice, chopped cilantro, jalapeño, 1 teaspoon ginger, and garlic in small bowl to blend. Season with salt and pepper (this is the salsa, so you can make ahead and chill in the fridge).
- 2Mix soy sauce, sesame oil, and remaining ginger in medium bowl to blend.
- 3Add scallops and stir to coat. Let stand 30 minutes at room temperature, turning occasionally.
- 4Prepare barbecue (I used my Foreman grill here, too!). Combine honey and remaining 1 tablespoon lime juice in another small bowl. Thread 4 scallops on each of 4 wooden skewers, dampened first to prevent burning.
- 5Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill scallops until just opaque in centers, brushing occasionally with honey glaze, about 2 minutes per side.
- 6Spoon salsa into center of platter. Remove scallops from skewers and arrange atop salsa. Sprinkle with cilantro leaves and serve.
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey Glazed Scallops With Peach Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 148.6
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 19.8 mg
- Sodium 601.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 15.8 g
- Protein 12.0 g