Lightly crusted salmon with a browned butter-lime sauce. cookingclassy.com's spin on a Gourmet Magazine recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 (6 ounce) salmon fillets, rested at room temperature 20 minutes
- 8 teaspoons flour, divided
- 2 tablespoons honey, divided
- 1 lime, zest of
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Browned Butter Lime Sauce
- 1Working in batches of two salmon fillets at a time (or using two skillets, because you don't want to overcrowd the salmon when cooking it on the stove-top so it cooks more evenly), place salmon fillets on a cutting board or plate and sprinkle 1 teaspoon flour over each side of the salmon fillets and spread flour to evenly coat.
- 2Evenly drizzle 3/4 teaspoon honey over each side of the flour coated salmon fillets. Drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil into a 10 inch non-stick or cast iron skillet, swirl pan to evenly coat bottom and heat over medium heat. Once oil it hot, carefully place salmon in pan and cook over medium heat, 3-5 minutes per side until salmon has cooked through and bottom has nicely browned.
- 3Plate salmon immediately, drizzle each fillet with 1 1/2 - 2 tablespoon Browned Butter Lime Sauce and sprinkle with lime zest. Serve warm.
- 4To Make The Browned Butter Lime Sauce: Place butter in a small (light colored to monitor browning) saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring pan constantly, until butter is fragrant and has turned a brownish coloring. Careful not to burn.
- 5Remove browned butter from heat and add it, along with lime juice, garlic, salt and pepper to a blender. Blend on low speed for about 30 seconds, until well blended. Pour sauce into a small glass dish (note: whisk butter mixture with a fork before pouring onto salmon as it will separate, rewarm if needed).
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey Glazed Salmon With Browned Butter Lime Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (224 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 481.1
- Calories from Fat 283
- Total Fat 31.5 g
- Saturated Fat 13.2 g
- Cholesterol 123.2 mg
- Sodium 570.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 35.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
limes, zest of