Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
This sounds interesting. From the National Honey Board.
- 2⁄3 cup honey
- 2⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can salmon, drained
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 3 egg whites
- 4 hamburger buns, toasted
- oil, for grill
- In small bowl, combine honey, ketchup, vinegar, horseradish, garlic and red pepper flakes until well blended. Reserve half of sauce and set aside.
- In separate bowl, mix together remaining ingredients, except buns. Blend in 2 tablespoons of reserved sauce.
- Divide salmon mixture into 4 patties, 1/2 to 3/4-in thick.
- Place patties on well-oiled grill 4 to 6 inches from hot coals. Grill, turning 2 to 3 times and basting with sauce, until burgers are browned and heated through. Place on hamburger buns and serve with reserved sauce.