Recipe by Carianne
From Good Housekeeping (April 2010). I love root vegetables, this looks delicious!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large shallot (diced)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs radishes (trimmed and cut in halves or quarters)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs turnips (trimmed, peeled, and cut into wedges)
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons mint leaves, thinly sliced and additional whole leaves (to garnish)
- 1 teaspoon chives (diced)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in skillet over medium high heat.
- Add shallot and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add radishes and turnips, stir.
- Stir in water, broth, honey, salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and cook for 15 minutes.
- Uncover and cook 7 - 10 additional minutes, until most of the liquid has evaporated and veggies are "glazed".
- Remove from heat and stir in diced herbs.
- Garnish with mint leaves.