Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Classic, delicious and elegant.
Make and share this Honey Glazed Rack of Lamb recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 2 cups canned beef broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups dry red wine
- 1 cup canned low sodium chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 (1 1/4 lb) trimmed racks of lamb
- Make red wine sauce:.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in heavy large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and carrot and sauté until deep brown, about 12 minutes.
- Add beef broth and next 4 ingredients; boil 10 minutes to blend flavors.
- Mix flour and 1 tablespoon butter to paste in bowl.
- Whisk into sauce.
- Simmer until sauce thickens, whisking occasionally, about 10 minutes.
- Set aside.
- Make lamb:.
- Preheat oven to 400°F Whisk honey, soy sauce and mustard in small bowl to blend; add 2 tablespoons glaze to sauce.
- Sprinkle lamb with salt and pepper.
- Place on baking sheet.
- Brush each rack with some of remaining glaze.
- Roast until thermometer inserted into center of lamb registers 130°F, brushing often with more glaze, about 35 minutes.
- Rewarm sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve chops with sauce.
This recipe is from "Bon Appetit" and goes back a long time, I made this many times both with lamb and with rack of pork, it's wonderful great recipe to serve at a special dinner, thanks for posting Deborah!...Kitten:)