1 hr 5 mins
Classic, delicious and elegant.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 1/2 cups chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 2 cups canned beef broth
- 1 1/2 cups dry red wine
- 1 cup canned low sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1Make red wine sauce:.
- 2Melt 2 tablespoons butter in heavy large pot over medium-high heat.
- 3Add onions and carrot and sauté until deep brown, about 12 minutes.
- 4Add beef broth and next 4 ingredients; boil 10 minutes to blend flavors.
- 5Mix flour and 1 tablespoon butter to paste in bowl.
- 6Whisk into sauce.
- 7Simmer until sauce thickens, whisking occasionally, about 10 minutes.
- 8Set aside.
- 9Make lamb:.
- 10Preheat oven to 400°F Whisk honey, soy sauce and mustard in small bowl to blend; add 2 tablespoons glaze to sauce.
- 11Sprinkle lamb with salt and pepper.
- 12Place on baking sheet.
- 13Brush each rack with some of remaining glaze.
- 14Roast until thermometer inserted into center of lamb registers 130°F, brushing often with more glaze, about 35 minutes.
- 15Rewarm sauce.
- 16Season with salt and pepper.
- 17Serve chops with sauce.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey Glazed Rack of Lamb
Serving Size: 1 (763 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1358.3
- Calories from Fat 886
- Total Fat 98.5 g
- Saturated Fat 51.1 g
- Cholesterol 252.7 mg
- Sodium 1465.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 41.6 g
- Protein 48.4 g