Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
- canola oil, enough to coat the bottom of the pan
- 1 ripe plantain
- 4 ounces butter
- 1⁄4 cup scallion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- Preheat a medium frying pan and coat with canola oil.
- Slice plantains on the bias, then saute until brown.
- Mix in butter and scallions until butter is melted and scallions are softened.
- Remove from heat, and stir in honey and parsley.
Yum!!! So good!! Made for Saucy Silverados and the ZWT 9 Tour!
Mmmm, so good! I halved the recipe and so enjoyed the flavors! Thanks for a nice taste of the Caribbean! Made for the Epicurean Queens-ZWT 2009!
Update: I have now made it for the Africa part of ZWT 2011. It went great with Lentils and Rice With Caramelized Onions(Lentils and Rice with Caramalized Onion) and Sauteed Collard Greens(Sauteed Collard Greens).
Served these by themselves as sort of a snack and they were good. Made as is and they were quick and easy. I think for my personal taste I will leave off the scallions and parsley, I prefer herbs mixed in, not on top. Will change the recipe flavor, but the plantains with the honey were great on their own as well! Made for 1-2-3-Hits March 2010.