Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
- canola oil, enough to coat the bottom of the pan
- 1 ripe plantain
- 4 ounces butter
- 1⁄4 cup scallion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- Preheat a medium frying pan and coat with canola oil.
- Slice plantains on the bias, then saute until brown.
- Mix in butter and scallions until butter is melted and scallions are softened.
- Remove from heat, and stir in honey and parsley.
Yum!!! So good!! Made for Saucy Silverados and the ZWT 9 Tour!
Mmmm, so good! I halved the recipe and so enjoyed the flavors! Thanks for a nice taste of the Caribbean! Made for the Epicurean Queens-ZWT 2009!
Update: I have now made it for the Africa part of ZWT 2011. It went great with Recipe#385515(Lentils and Rice with Caramalized Onion) and Recipe#373114(Sauteed Collard Greens).
Served these by themselves as sort of a snack and they were good. Made as is and they were quick and easy. I think for my personal taste I will leave off the scallions and parsley, I prefer herbs mixed in, not on top. Will change the recipe flavor, but the plantains with the honey were great on their own as well! Made for 1-2-3-Hits March 2010.