Recipe by lilmichelles
Ready, Set, Cook! Reynolds Wrap Contest Entry. This is a great seasonal recipe. The pears and honey balance nicely together and give this cupcake a nice natural sweetness. The almonds add a bit of nuttiness and crunch. This is a light, fluffy and tender cupcake that leaves a happy feeling in your mouth.
Top Review by Rafaela G.
i use this recipe for almost a year i think, and is just great. make some lil changes once in a wile, use for loaf cakes and muffins, add some seeds... anyway, it always come out great, light and moist. when i noticed that after all this time was only 3 reviews still, i had to come and do it. :)
For the cupcakes
- 354.88 ml flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 118.29 ml unsalted butter, room temperature
- 177.44 ml white sugar
- 59.14 ml light brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 4.92 ml pure vanilla extract
- 3 medium ripe bartlett pears
- 118.29 ml almonds, oven roasted (see note below)
- Reynolds Wrap Foil
For the glaze
- 14.79 ml wildflower honey (you can also use clover)
- 29.58 ml hot water
For the frosting
- 226.79 g packagepackage cream cheese
- 59.14 ml unsalted butter
- 3.69 ml pure vanilla extract
- 591.47 ml confectioners' sugar, sifted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Note: To roast nuts, spread almonds evenly on baking sheet lined with Reynolds Wrap Foil and bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees F. Transfer almonds to medium bowl and let cool. Once cool, chop almonds finely in food processor ; set aside.
- While oven is preheating, peel and core the pears. Using a box grated, shred 3 of the pears into a medium bowl; set aside.
- Place the remaining pear (cubed) into a pot of water; boil until fork tender. Once pear is soft (falls off fork when tested; approximately 15-20 minutes), drain and mash with a fork; set aside.
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla until evenly combined; add in dry mixture. Continue to mix on medium speed until evenly combined, scraping down sides of bowl as necessary.
- Mix in mashed pear, followed by shredded pear until just combined. Stir in almonds.
- Pour approximately ¼ cup batter into each muffin cup, lined with Reynolds Wrap Foil. Place muffin pan on middle rack in oven and bake for approximately 20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Transfer cupcakes to cooling rack.
- While cupcakes are still warm, poke several holes into center of each cupcake using a toothpick. Brush on Honey Glaze. To make the glaze, mix together the honey and hot water in a small bowl.
- Once cupcakes have cooled completely, frost with cream cheese frosting. To make the frosting, beat together cream cheese and butter. Mix in vanilla extract. Gradually add in confectioner’s sugar and beat until smooth and fluffy.