1/1 Photo of Honey Glazed Pear Cupcakes #RSC
1 hr 15 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Reynolds Wrap Contest Entry. This is a great seasonal recipe. The pears and honey balance nicely together and give this cupcake a nice natural sweetness. The almonds add a bit of nuttiness and crunch. This is a light, fluffy and tender cupcake that leaves a happy feeling in your mouth.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the cupcakes
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 medium ripe bartlett pears
- 1/2 cup almonds, oven roasted (see note below)
- Reynolds Wrap Foil
For the glaze
For the frosting
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Note: To roast nuts, spread almonds evenly on baking sheet lined with Reynolds Wrap Foil and bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees F. Transfer almonds to medium bowl and let cool. Once cool, chop almonds finely in food processor ; set aside.
- 3While oven is preheating, peel and core the pears. Using a box grated, shred 3 of the pears into a medium bowl; set aside.
- 4Place the remaining pear (cubed) into a pot of water; boil until fork tender. Once pear is soft (falls off fork when tested; approximately 15-20 minutes), drain and mash with a fork; set aside.
- 5Combine first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl; set aside.
- 6In a large mixing bowl, beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla until evenly combined; add in dry mixture. Continue to mix on medium speed until evenly combined, scraping down sides of bowl as necessary.
- 7Mix in mashed pear, followed by shredded pear until just combined. Stir in almonds.
- 8Pour approximately ¼ cup batter into each muffin cup, lined with Reynolds Wrap Foil. Place muffin pan on middle rack in oven and bake for approximately 20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 9Transfer cupcakes to cooling rack.
- 10While cupcakes are still warm, poke several holes into center of each cupcake using a toothpick. Brush on Honey Glaze. To make the glaze, mix together the honey and hot water in a small bowl.
- 11Once cupcakes have cooled completely, frost with cream cheese frosting. To make the frosting, beat together cream cheese and butter. Mix in vanilla extract. Gradually add in confectioner’s sugar and beat until smooth and fluffy.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey Glazed Pear Cupcakes #RSC
Serving Size: 1 (1844 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 306.8
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 54.8 mg
- Sodium 218.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 31.1 g
- Protein 3.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: