1 hr 5 mins
From Bon Appétit, August 2003 - Enter the tart - light, delicate, and fresh. This recipe tastes like summer on a plate - the peaches are front and foremost, lightly highlighted with a drizzle of honey, a pat of butter, and a sprinkle of almonds. Top it with some whipped mascarpone, and you’ve just made some humble peaches very happy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chilled unsalted butter, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 3 1/2 tablespoons ice water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 6 ripe medium peaches, peeled, halved, pitted, cut into 1/2 inch thick slices (about 4 cups)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons chilled unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons peach preserves, melted
- 1For crust:.
- 2Blend flour, sugar, and salt in processor. Using on/off turns, cut in butter until pea-size pieces form. With machine running, add enough ice water by tablespoonfuls to form moist clumps. Gather dough into ball; flatten into disk. Wrap in plastic; refrigerate 1 hour. Roll out dough on lightly floured surface to 12-inch round. Transfer to 9-inch diamter tart pan with removable bottom. Trim overhang to 1 inch. Fold overhang in and press to form double-thick sides. Press inside edge of crust to push it 1/8 to 1/4 inch above top edge of pan. Pierce bottom of crust with fork. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- 3Preheat oven to 400°F Bake tart crust until golden, piercing with fork if bubbles form, about 25 minutes. Can be made 1 day ahead - cool, wrap in plastic and store at room temperature.
- 4For filling:.
- 5Mix sugar, flour, and lemon peel in large bowl to blend. Add peaches and toss to coat. Pour into baked crust. Drizzle honey over peach mixture; dot with butter and sprinkle with almonds. Bake until peaches are tender and almonds are toasted, about 35 minutes. Brush fruit and almonds with peach preserves. Cool 15 minutes before serving. Can be made 6 hours ahead - store tart at room temperature.
- 6For mascarpone cream:.
- 7Using electric mixer, beat cream, mascarpone, sugar, and vanilla in large bowl until peaks form.
- 8Slice tart and serve with dollops of mascarpone cream.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey-Glazed Peach Tart With Mascarpone Cream
Serving Size: 1 (217 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 587.4
- Calories from Fat 318
- Total Fat 35.4 g
- Saturated Fat 21.4 g
- Cholesterol 105.1 mg
- Sodium 117.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 33.8 g
- Protein 5.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: