Recipe by keen5
I love fresh cooked carrots and pea pods. Put together with the honey glaze makes me like them more!
Top Review by Connie Lea
This was good, however next time I think I will add brown sugar instead of honey (personal preference). I planted pea pods the first time this year so am having fun trying new recipes. Thanks for sharing.
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 cups carrots, diagonally sliced 1/4 inch (4 medium)
- 8 ounces fresh pea pods, washed,remove tips and strings or 2 (6 ounce) packages frozen pea pods
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons honey
Directions See How It's Made
- In 2-qt saucepan bring water to a full boil.
- Add carrots, cover; cook over medium heat until carrots are crisply tender (about 10 to 12 minutes).
- Add pea pods; continue cooking until pea pods are crisply tender (about 1 to 2 minutes).
- Drain; set aside.
- In same pan melt butter; stir in cornstarch.
- Add carrots, pea pods and honey.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until heated through (about 2 to 3 minutes).