Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love fresh cooked carrots and pea pods. Put together with the honey glaze makes me like them more!
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 cups carrots, diagonally sliced 1/4 inch (4 medium)
- 8 ounces fresh pea pods, washed,remove tips and strings or 2 (6 ounce) packages frozen pea pods
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons honey
- In 2-qt saucepan bring water to a full boil.
- Add carrots, cover; cook over medium heat until carrots are crisply tender (about 10 to 12 minutes).
- Add pea pods; continue cooking until pea pods are crisply tender (about 1 to 2 minutes).
- Drain; set aside.
- In same pan melt butter; stir in cornstarch.
- Add carrots, pea pods and honey.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until heated through (about 2 to 3 minutes).
This was good, however next time I think I will add brown sugar instead of honey (personal preference). I planted pea pods the first time this year so am having fun trying new recipes. Thanks for sharing.
This was an easy and appetizing recipe. The sauce ended up very thick, but did taste good. My kids didn't like the texture. Would try again with more water maybe...
Makes a pretty side dish with a touch of sweetness. Enjoyed it! Thanks for sharing the recipe!