Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
I used Gale Gand's recipe from "Sweet Dreams" episode Sweets By Mail at Foodnetwork. I have tweaked it, to suit our needs for a particular occasion. We served these at a wedding reception that we had for a couple of staff members who never had a ceremony, they only went to the courthouse. This happened about 5 years ago but I forgot about these little tidbits! Used these with my Cranberry-Chutney Brie Appetizers and they turned out great!
- 4 cups whole macadamia nuts
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 orange, zest of, grated
- 3 -4 tablespoons pineapple preserves
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Toss all the ingredients together.
- Transfer macadamia nuts to a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until lightly toasted, stirring occasionally.
- Allow to cool.
- Store in an airtight container.