Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 4 lbs lamb, trimmed cut into 1 1/2 inch
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium white onions, cut into 1 1/2 inch
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon mustard powder, dissolved in
- 1 tablespoon water
- Light a grill or preheat the broiler.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the garlic, salt, coriander, cardamom and paprika.
- Add the lamb and oil and coat the meat with the spice mixture.
- Thread the lamb and onions onto metal skewers, alternating the meat and vegetables.
- In a small saucepan, melt the honey over moderate heat until it caramelises, about 4 minutes.
- Add the vinegar and boil for 1 minute.
- Add the chicken stock, and boil until reduced to 3/4 cup, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in the dissolved mustard powder.
- Grill the kebabs over very high heat or broil, turning frequently, for 2 minutes.
- Move the kebabs to a cooler part of the grill or further from the broiler and brush them all over with the glaze.
- Grill or broil for about 8 minutes, turning once, until the meat is slightly pink inside.
- Arrange the kebabs on a platter and drizzle with the remaining glaze.