Recipe by MizEmerilLagasse
This was my first attempt at using wood chips on my gas grill for flavoring, and it was great.
Top Review by Chef D Wyatt
Easy Meal. Tip; baste often and cook slow creates juicy tender meat. I used boneless breast and added lemon pepper to taste. Try making a alum. foil pocket size of your grill with thin layer of hickory for evenly dispersed smoking.
- 1 whole chicken, cut into pieces (legs, thighs, breast, wings)
- 1 1⁄2 cups hickory chips
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak the wood chips in cool water for atleast 30 minutes and then place them in a shallow foil pan.
- Place the pan in the center of your grill while it is preheating.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl mix together the honey, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Add the chicken pieces and toss to evenly coat.
- Place chicken on grill and cook until no longer pink on the inside, the time may vary depending on how big your chicken was (Chef's note: I normally put the chicken breasts on the grill about 7 minutes before everything else because they take longer to cook).