Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
We were on a vacation with the administrative chef of Quebec's famous Chateau Frontenac and upon returning to the chalet, he made this recipe to which I assisted and helped cutting the vegetables. It tasted very good and to my surprise it had kept its original colour (rosy and tender). I have been making it ever since (that was 15 years ago).
- Put the ham in a casserole and cover it with cold water.
- Add the ingredients of the first part and bring to simmer for 30 minutes.
- With a fork get the ham out of the cooking liquid and put it on a Pyrex plate or other oven proof dish.
- Insert evenly the cloves in the ham top surface and cover it with honey.
- Place in a preheated oven (350°F) for 30 minutes.
- Once the ham cooked, let it cool a while and with a spoon complete the glazing with the honey left at bottom of the plate.
- Serve it warm or cold. (THE COOKING LIQUID THAT YOU KEPT, USE IT AS A SOUP BASE. ex: bean soup, minestrone, orsley. etc).