1 hr 15 mins
We were on a vacation with the administrative chef of Quebec's famous Chateau Frontenac and upon returning to the chalet, he made this recipe to which I assisted and helped cutting the vegetables. It tasted very good and to my surprise it had kept its original colour (rosy and tender). I have been making it ever since (that was 15 years ago).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put the ham in a casserole and cover it with cold water.
- 2Add the ingredients of the first part and bring to simmer for 30 minutes.
- 3With a fork get the ham out of the cooking liquid and put it on a Pyrex plate or other oven proof dish.
- 4Insert evenly the cloves in the ham top surface and cover it with honey.
- 5Place in a preheated oven (350°F) for 30 minutes.
- 6Once the ham cooked, let it cool a while and with a spoon complete the glazing with the honey left at bottom of the plate.
- 7Serve it warm or cold. (THE COOKING LIQUID THAT YOU KEPT, USE IT AS A SOUP BASE. ex: bean soup, minestrone, orsley. etc).
Browse Our Top Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey Glazed Ham
Serving Size: 1 (188 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 243.5
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 73.7 mg
- Sodium 2168.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 32.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: