Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe calls for a whole chicken cut up, but feel free to use your favorite pieces. I like using the whole chicken because it gives everyone a choice. If you like your chicken saltier or spicy, add some seasoned salt before starting the grilling process. I find the soy sauce adds enough salt for me. Prep time does not include the time needed for your grill to get hot.
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind, grated
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 1 whole chicken, cut up (3 to 3 1/2 lbs)
- Prepare your grill.
- Combine all ingredients except the chicken, stirring well. Set sauce aside.
- Grill the chicken, skin side down, over medium coals for 50 to 60 minutes or until done, turning every 10 minutes. Baste with the sauce during the last 20 minutes of grilling time.
This chicken was very good! I used boneless, skinless chicken thighs and they worked just fine. It was tender and had a great flavour. We enjoyed this chicken with grilled potatoes and mixed veggies. Made for Went To The Market tag game. Thanks breezermom! :)
Great chicken! I used a chicken quarter and this came out tender on the inside and crispy on the outside. Next time I think that I would use less soy so that the sauce is thicker and would stay on the chicken. Thanks breezermom for a great meal. Made for your win in the 12 Days of Christmas Special Event.