Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another great OAMC recipe! For "honey BBQ chicken" add 1/2 cup of your favourite BBQ sauce and make as directed.
- 1⁄4 cup butter, Melted
- 1⁄8 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken pieces (breasts, thighs, or wings)
- For immediate cooking: Pre-heat oven to 350°F Place all ingredients into a large baking dish, turn chicken to coat. Bake until chicken juices run clear (45-60 minutes for chicken pieces, or 20-30 minutes for chicken breasts).
- For freezing: Place all ingredients into a 1 Gallon freezer bag. Lay flat in freezer.
- To thaw and cook: Take the bag out of the freezer the night before, make sure the bag is sealed completely.
- For the oven: Preheat the oven to 350°F Empty the contents of the bag into a large baking dish and bake until the juices run clear (45-60 minutes for chicken pieces, or 20-30 minutes for chicken breasts).
- For the crockpot: cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4-6 or until done.
- On the grill: cook over medium heat until juices run clear. Be sure to watch carefullly or these will burn!
Have this recipe in the crock pot right now...Smells so good! I only gave this 3 stars though because in my haste to make this recipe, I failed to read the description where it says to add 1/2 cup of bbq sauce. Needless to say, when I tasted the sauce a few moments ago, it tasted nasty. Upon rereading the recipe, I noticed the bbq sauce suggestion in the description which isn't even displayed on the recipe page. I would suggest adding the bbq sauce ingredient to the actual recipe. With about 2 more hours to cook, I just added the bbq sauce. Hopefully this can be salvaged because I think this could be a yummy recipe! We'll see what happens. That said, I will definitely make this again WITH the bbq sauce.
I made this with BBQ sauce for my family in the crockpot using boneless skinless chicken breasts. It would work great shredded and served on burger buns as BBQ'd chicken. With the BBQ sauce it has a strong BBQ taste. My family said it reminded them of BBQ beef.
DH loved this recipe! I did add a pinch of salt, 2 shakes of garlic and some white pepper. Thanks.