Recipe by * Pamela *
Another great OAMC recipe! For "honey BBQ chicken" add 1/2 cup of your favourite BBQ sauce and make as directed.
Top Review by llassen
Have this recipe in the crock pot right now...Smells so good! I only gave this 3 stars though because in my haste to make this recipe, I failed to read the description where it says to add 1/2 cup of bbq sauce. Needless to say, when I tasted the sauce a few moments ago, it tasted nasty. Upon rereading the recipe, I noticed the bbq sauce suggestion in the description which isn't even displayed on the recipe page. I would suggest adding the bbq sauce ingredient to the actual recipe. With about 2 more hours to cook, I just added the bbq sauce. Hopefully this can be salvaged because I think this could be a yummy recipe! We'll see what happens. That said, I will definitely make this again WITH the bbq sauce.
- 1⁄4 cup butter, Melted
- 1⁄8 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken pieces (breasts, thighs, or wings)
Directions See How It's Made
- For immediate cooking: Pre-heat oven to 350°F Place all ingredients into a large baking dish, turn chicken to coat. Bake until chicken juices run clear (45-60 minutes for chicken pieces, or 20-30 minutes for chicken breasts).
- For freezing: Place all ingredients into a 1 Gallon freezer bag. Lay flat in freezer.
- To thaw and cook: Take the bag out of the freezer the night before, make sure the bag is sealed completely.
- For the oven: Preheat the oven to 350°F Empty the contents of the bag into a large baking dish and bake until the juices run clear (45-60 minutes for chicken pieces, or 20-30 minutes for chicken breasts).
- For the crockpot: cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4-6 or until done.
- On the grill: cook over medium heat until juices run clear. Be sure to watch carefullly or these will burn!