Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
i created this last night... it was very good and if you like honey then you'll love this.
- 8 chicken drummettes (thawed)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon morton lite salt
- 1 teaspoon red pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown rice
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen snow peas
- soy sauce (optional)
- Pre heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place drumettes in a foil lined caserole dish and season with salt & red pepper and place in oven. cook for 40min.
- while chicken is cooking mix together honey, vinegar, garlic powder, and parsly flakes and set aside.
- add rice to 2 cups of boiling water and let boil for 25min until rice is tender.
- add 1/4 cup of hot water to a medium sauce pan and add snow peas. Steam for 15min.
- once chicken is done take a barbecue brush and brush chicken with honey mixture. make sure to use all of it.
- place chicken back in oven for 5min.
- by the time the chicken is complete the rice and veggies should also be complete. you want to be able to multi-task in order to have everything done at the same time. So once you have started cooking the chicken start the other side items.
- serve the snow peas over the brown rice and enjoy!