Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Fast, easy and low fat chicken stir fry. Frozen vegetables can save on time.
- 375 g boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 cups vegetables, of choice
- rice, to serve
- Cut chicken into cubes, set aside.
- In a small bowl combine honey, vinegar, juice, soy sauce and cornflour, set aside.
- Put oil in wok or large skillet.
- Preheat over medium heat.
- Stir vegetables until crisp-tender.
- Remove vegetables from wok.
- Add chicken to hot wok, (more oil if necessary).
- Stir fry for 3- 4 minutes or until cooked.
- Push chicken to side of wok, add sauce.
- Cook and stir until thick and bubbly.
- Return cooked vegetables to wok and stir all ingredients together to coat.
- Cook and stir another minute or until heated through.
- Serve over rice.
This recipe is wonderful! (Though I also had to add another teaspoon of cornstarch!) When stir-frying the vegetables, I sprinkled them with about 1/2 tsp. of ground ginger; it went very well with the honey sauce. I will definately be making this again!
The chicken was moist but the vinegar overpowered all the other flavours and made the dish rather bitter. I couldn't taste the orange juice at all. Also I had to add another teaspoon of cornflour as I prefer the sauce a bit thicker, but this could have been because of the vegetables I used also.
This recipe is great. I think my boyfriend has made it once/week for the past two months since we came across the recipe. We've found that using two woks makes it go a lot faster since we can have the vegetables going in one and the meat/sauce in the other... combining the two before being plated. We made it for his parents a few weeks ago, and they were extremely impressed! Thank you so much for what has become our favorite chicken dish!