Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Another recipe I found in TOH magazine by Tracey Miller. I am always searching for recipes to cook on the grill and this is a great one!!! She suggests serving it with rice pilaf, salad and garlic bread which is what we do. Time doesn't include marinading time, which is 5-6 hours.
- 2⁄3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons steak seasoning (I use Montreal Steak Seasoning)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into 1-1/2-inch chunks
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 1-1/2-inch chunks
- 1 large onion, cut into 1-1/2-inch wedges
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Pour 1 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 5-6 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade. On six- eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread chicken and vegetables. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until chicken juices run clear, basting frequently with reserved marinade.
Excellent!! The result of the marinade is fabulous. I love the flavor!! I used less than half of the horseradish because I was scrapping the bottom of my bottle, and need to buy more! I threaded my veggies separately, then mixed everything into a bowl once finished. Delicious!!
This is great! I loved the flavor the marinade gave the veggies while it was cooking. It did cause the grill to flare up because of the oil and honey, so I'd keep some water on hand to keep from burning the kabobs. These turned out sweet, but with a little bite, probably from the horseradish. I marinated for 6 and a half hours, and the flavor was great. Made for Newest Tag, and so glad I did. Thanks for sharing!