1/1 Photo of Honey-Glazed Chicken Breasts With Rosemary and Toasted Almonds
Easy and pure heaven! Can be started the day before if wanting to make for company.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Same day as serving or *day ahead:.
- 2Toast almonds in broiler 30 seconds-1 minute, watch carefully so you don't burn them! Cool, transfer to covered container.
- 3In 6-quart pot or dutch oven, combine onion, celery, carrot, parsley, salt, pepper, rosemary, bay leaf, broth and water.
- 4Bring to a boil, add chicken breasts and cover.
- 5Simmer 30 minutes or til chicken is tender.
- 6Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- 7Use now, or refrigerate overnight.
- 8Now or next day:.
- 9Remove pot from fridge and place over low heat.
- 10Cook til chicken is heated through, about 10 minutes, covered.
- 11Remove chicken from broth and place skin-side up in large, shallow baking dish or pan.
- 12Spoon 1 cup of broth into pan.
- 13Strain remaining broth and save for another use.(Discarding veggies.).
- 14Using a pastry brush, brush chicken with half of the honey.
- 15Broil 4" from heat source for 2 minutes.
- 16Brush again with a little more honey and broil 1-2 minutes longer.
- 17Brush with remaining honey and broil til chicken is glazed and golden brown.
- 18Remove from broiler and arrange chicken on heated platter.
- 19Sprinkle with toasted sliced almonds and garnsh with crisp watercress and small clumps of grapes if desired.
- 20Serve immediately.
- 21Serves 4-8.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey-Glazed Chicken Breasts With Rosemary and Toasted Almonds
Serving Size: 1 (285 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 738.0
- Calories from Fat 314
- Total Fat 34.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 217.7 mg
- Sodium 1074.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 25.7 g
- Protein 74.3 g