Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A quick, simple, low-fat yet tasty recipe. While the chicken is baking you've got just enough time to make rice and a vegetable and/or salad.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking pan with aluminum foil and grease the foil (or spray with nonstick spray).
- In a small bowl, stir together dry mustard and vinegar.
- Add honey, Dijon mustard, thyme and oregano.
- Mix well.
- Place the chicken breasts on the baking pan.
- Brush with half of the honey mixture.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Turn chicken breasts over.
- Brush the other side with the remaining honey mixture.
- Bake for 10 more min utes, or until juices are clear when chicken is pierced with a knife.
This recipe was easy but not as flavorfull as I thought it would have been.
This recipe is definitely quick, simple and low fat. The texture of the chicken is moist and tender, which we also liked. However, it looks and tastes pretty boring. Perhaps the chicken could rest in the honey mixture for the day, infusing it with more flavor. And perhaps a fruity salsa could top the chicken after it's baked to provide a better presentation and give it some taste and texture. Cornelia, this is a great basic recipe to play around with.
All 5 of us ate it- which is a feat in itself! I sliced the chicken and marinaded it for 1 hour in the sauce- then baked for about 24 minutes, turning once. Next time I will use just 2 tbls of the vinegar to get a more, hopefully, thick sauce that will stick a little. It was quite yummy.