Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Another SCA recipe that is great to have for a nice sunday dinner! It also makes some tasty sandwiches!
- 4 lbs roasting chickens (approx.)
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 large onion, cut in half
- 1 large green apple, peeled and quartered
- 4 -5 tablespoons oil
- 4 tablespoons clear honey
- 1 bunch watercress (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sprinkle the inside of the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Place the apple and onion in the cavity.
- Shut the opening with a skewer and tie the legs together with a piece of string.
- Brush the chicken with oil and place in roasting pan.
- Season with salt and pepper and spread 2 tbs of honey on top.
- Roast chicken, allowing 20 minutes per pound.
- Baste frequently and spread the last 2 tbs of honey over the chicken after it has cooked for 45 minutes.
- Arrange on a serving dish and garnish with Watercress.