Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe came from the Shelton Journal.
- 4 split boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 slices minced ginger, about 1 tsp
- Mix flour, garlic salt and pepper.
- Coat chicken thoroughly with flour mixture.
- Place chicken in a shallow, buttered baking dish, bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Mix sauce of melted butter, honey, lemon juice, soy sauce and ginger, pour over.
- Continue baking, brushing occasionally with sauce for another 20 minutes, until chicken is tender.
We liked this but we all thought it was a little bland. However, the chicken was very moist. I am going to try this again with thinner chciken breast so that there is a stronger flavor. Thanks!
I made as directed and used chicken thighs. Next time I might add fresh garlic but that is because we love garlic. Served with a green salad with Morton's Steakhouse Dijon Vinaigrette#411562 as the dressing and garlic bread with Garlic Butter#386986 for the butter and rice pilaf. Everyone totally enjoyed the recipe. This will be going into my book of favorites. Thank you. Made for SPRING PAC 2010.
This chicken had a lot of flavor! Of course I made a few changes.....first, I cut my chicken breasts into 3rds and second I used 3Tb of soy and only 2 Tb of lemon juice. I'm not a huge ginger fan so I only used a pinch of that. It still had great flavor. The sauce thickened as it cooled. Served this along side rice pilaf. Very tasty........thanks for posting!