Recipe by lawmama
Adapted from recipe found at: http://mykitchencafe.blogspot.com. Haven't tried this one yet, but am eager to! It is nice that it just involves baking the chicken in the oven, instead of having to tend a hot skillet with a toddler underfoot.
Top Review by Pamela6767
Awesome! I made it with drumsticks and they fell off the bone. The only main change I made was using minced ginger (comes in a jar at Whole Foods). The sticky sweet glaze was finger-licking great!
- 2 lbs chicken breasts
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350. In a shallow dish combine the flower and seasonings, plus salt and pepper to taste. Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces. Dip each piece of chicken in flour mixture and coat evenly.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a shallow baking dish, large enough to accommodate chicken in a single layer. Arrange chicken in pan and bake uncovered for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt remaining butter and add honey, lemon juice, soy sauce and ginger.
- After chicken has baked the 30 minutes, turn each piece over and pour sauce mixture evenly over chicken. Bake another 30 to 40 minutes basting frequently.
- Serve over rice. I usually double the sauce ingredients to make more to serve over the rice.