Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Adapted from recipe found at: http://mykitchencafe.blogspot.com. Haven't tried this one yet, but am eager to! It is nice that it just involves baking the chicken in the oven, instead of having to tend a hot skillet with a toddler underfoot.
- Heat oven to 350. In a shallow dish combine the flower and seasonings, plus salt and pepper to taste. Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces. Dip each piece of chicken in flour mixture and coat evenly.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a shallow baking dish, large enough to accommodate chicken in a single layer. Arrange chicken in pan and bake uncovered for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt remaining butter and add honey, lemon juice, soy sauce and ginger.
- After chicken has baked the 30 minutes, turn each piece over and pour sauce mixture evenly over chicken. Bake another 30 to 40 minutes basting frequently.
- Serve over rice. I usually double the sauce ingredients to make more to serve over the rice.
Awesome! I made it with drumsticks and they fell off the bone. The only main change I made was using minced ginger (comes in a jar at Whole Foods). The sticky sweet glaze was finger-licking great!
This recipe was awesome! Something my husband and I both enjoyed! I didn't care for that much ginger so next time I make it I will only add a little bit, but other than that it was great!
This was excellent..... and easy! I used boneless skinless chicken thighs (just my preference). The sauce gave the chicken pieces a nice sticky-sweet glaze. The flour on the chicken helped to thicken the sauce as well. I served this over ramen noodles and garnished with chopped scallion tops. Thanx for sharing this. I'll make this again!