Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I received this recipe as a shower gift - my co-workers collected recipes and gave me them in a recipe box (that I still have 20 years later). This recipe quickly became a staple in my "30 minutes or less to supper" list. DH loves it - he calls it "candy chicken". The kids like it too.
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 59.14 ml honey
- 44.37 ml soy sauce
- 29.58 ml lemon concentrate (Real Lemon)
- 4.92 ml vegetable oil
- 2.46 ml ginger
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 59.14 ml flour
- salt & pepper
- cooking spray
- Put the honey, soy sauce, lemon, oil, and ginger in a bowl and "melt" in microwave for ~1 minute.
- Put flour, garlic powder, and salt & pepper in plastic bag and add chicken. Shake to coat chicken w/flour mixture.
- Take a baking dish just big enough for the chicken, coat with cooking spray. Add chicken and bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
- Add the glaze to the chicken and cook for 5 minutes.
- Turn chicken in glaze and cook for another 5 minutes. Serve.
- Cooking times may need to be longer if you have a really big, thick, breast. I use the Perdue frozen tenders (defrosted) so that they will cook evenly. I have used the equivalent of 2 chicken breasts for the same amount of glaze, but this doubles easily.
very good-my boyfriend LOVED this and he wants me to make it again. next time a am going to add a bit of cayenne..I used thin cutlets ( each about 3/4 inch thick. I followed the directions but I needed to cook the cutlets about an addition 5 minutes for ( I use a thermometer-chicken must be 165 degrees+). The sauce carmelized nicely. Thanks working mom!
This was delicious. Followed the recipe only used fresh garlic and ginger. Served with Recipe#336739#336739 by Chef#481092#481092 and an appetizer Recipe#356267#356297 by Chef#250031#250031. Made for Zaar Alphabet Soup Tag 2009. Thank you for a great and easy recipe!
YUM!!! This was so good!!! I didn't change a thing and it turned out perfectly! Total keeper!