Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
When I have company I often make this recipe because, although it takes a while to cook, it's relatively easy to throw together and has a different taste from ordinary chicken.
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 chicken, cut up or 3 lbs chicken wings or 3 lbs chicken drumsticks or 3 lbs chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄4 cup backed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- In a bowl, mix flour, salt and cayenne pepper.
- Add chicken pieces and shake around until coated.
- Pour 4 tbs butter into a 13 x 9 inch baking pan, place chicken in pan, turning once to coat.
- Bake at 350 F for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix brown sugar, honey, lemon juice, soy sauce, curry powder and remaining butter.
- Pour over chicken.
- Bake 45 minutes more or until chicken is tender, basting several times with drippings from the pan.
This was delicious! I should have taken the skin off of the chicken, though. My husband said this recipe is definitely a keeper!
OMG !! If I could, I'd rate this 1000 stars. Easy to prepare (& I'm a wuss). Made a couple changes...used 1-1/2 tsp of ground ginger because DH isn't into curry & only basted it a couple of times because TV was interesting. (told you I'm a wuss). Somethings are worth taking extra insulin over. Bless you for posting this.... DH ate every single bite!
I found this recipe simple to make and tasted soooooo goooood!!!! I ended up just eating the chicken with nothing else. It has a flavor that I never tasted before…but will soon taste again because this recipe is a keeper. Thanks for posting it.