1/2 Photos of Honey-Glazed Carrots With Green Onions
Originally got the recipe from my HS foods class, but I have halved and modified it over the years. Serves four as a side (although two can eat it quite easily!) Doubles very well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb baby carrots (think 1-2 bites, leave the skinny parts whole, halve or quarter fat ones) or 1 lb carrot, peeled, washed, and sliced into sticks about the size of baby carrots (think 1-2 bites, leave the skinny parts whole, halve or quarter fat ones)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled and quartered
- 2 tablespoons honey (use a little more for winter carrots or ones that have sat in the fridge a while, as they'll be more)
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup green onion tops, cut small (about 3-4 green onions once you discard the very tops and the white parts) or 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 1Salt a large saucepan full of water and bring to a rapid boil. Add carrots and boil 5-7 minutes, until tender. Drain.
- 2In a large skillet or saute pan, melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes. Remove garlic and discard.
- 3Add the honey, stirring to blend. Add carrots and salt and pepper to taste (it doesn't need much, a few shakes should do it). Stir around until carrots are coated. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 7-10 minutes, until carrots begin to brown. (You may need to increase heat to medium-high on some stoves.)
- 4Pour carrots and all the "juices" into a serving bowl. Add green onions and toss.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey-Glazed Carrots With Green Onions
Serving Size: 1 (138 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 251.7
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 262.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 28.3 g
- Protein 1.9 g