Prep 0 mins
Cook 17 mins
Use good quality, fresh ingredients! From the Low Fat Living book.
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 4 cups organic carrots, trimmed, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup vegetable broth or 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh chervil or 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the shallots and saute for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the carrots and broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer covered for about 15 minutes, or until carrots are tender but not mushy.
- Raise the heat to medium and add the honey; and the salt and pepper to taste. Stir the mixture until the sauces becomes syrupy. **Be careful** not to burn the honey, reducing heat if necessary!
- Just before serving, stir in the nutmeg.
- Tranfer carrots to a serving platter and garnish with the fresh chervil (or parsley.).