Recipe by Rita~
SO SWEET!!!! It's like eating dessert! It's amazing how many people never had parsnips! They're so much better then carrots! And Carrots are good. You can also add raisins to the honey just before adding the carrots and parsnips the final time.
Top Review by FLKeysJen
Parsnips are the perfect veggie...a little honey makes them heavenly. I did not know the people whose home I visited for Thanksgiving well, so this worked out as the perfect dish to take: healthy, tasty, and did not require taking up their oven space to reheat. This was fine at room temperature. Thanks for sharing your recipe!
- 1 cup vegetable broth or 1 cup water (adding more if needed)
- 1 lb carrot, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch pieces on an angle
- 1 lb parsnip, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch pieces on an angle
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 small onion, sliced thinly
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a pot boil broth, cook the carrots and parsnips in the broth for 10 to 15 minutes, or until they are just tender, and transfer them to a bowl.
- In a skillet melt the butter and saute onions till tender add honey. If carrots and parsnips arn`t sweet you can add more honey.
- Add the carrots and parsnips, Cook the mixture over moderately low heat, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes, or until the carrots and parsnips are glazed evenly and heated through, and season it with salt and pepper.