Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 lb peeled sliced carrot
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 dash cinnamon
- Boil carrots in boiling water, covered, until almost done, they should be slightly firm.
- In the meantime, combine honey, water and brown sugar in a saucepan.
- Bring to boil and reduce by half until thick and syrupy, about 15 minutes.
- Drain carrots, add butter, mix until melted.
- Add honey mix and cinnamon; stir gently and cook on low for about 5 minutes.
This recipe has the potential to turn my beloved DH into a rabbit. He LOVED the carrots fixed this way. Not too sweet, nice shiny glaze, piping hot and fork tender. The dash of cinnamon is a must in my humble opinion. Definitely THE finishing touch. Thanks for a great recipe.
Wonderful, easy to make, nice glaze, but not too overpowering. The honey flavor really came through. Thanks! I will be making this again.
This was good - but VERY sweet - almost like a candy. The glaze set up perfectly. I used a bag of frozen baby carrots and nuked them for 5 minutes before adding to the glaze. I omitted the cinnamon and sprinkled dried tarragon on top insted. It looked pretty and the tarragon has a slight licrorice-y flavor that went with the sweetness very nicely. The kids liked it a lot.