Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A good side dish that can be prepared several hours ahead of time and set aside at room temperature adding the honey nearer to the time that you serve the dish.
- 1 lb carrot, peeled and thickly sliced or cut with a rolling cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 large shallot, minced (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon honey
- In a heavy medium saucepan combine the carrots, butter and minced shallot.
- Season with the salt and pepper and pour in 1/3 cup water.
- Cover tightly and cook over moderately low heat.
- Stirring occasionally, until the carrots are tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Add the honey and cook over moderatly high heat, stirring gently, until the carrots are hot and glazed, 1 to 2 minutes.
All I will say is excellent.
This is like candy!! :) Of course, I added 1/4 c. of brown sugar... but still a great way to get your carrots. :)
This was so easy to prepare for our Easter dinner. I like the blend of flavors of the sweet carrots, shallots, and honey. This is a vary good glazed carrot recipe.