Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Great side dish with ham or chicken.
- 1 lb fresh baby carrots
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground allspice
- In a large skillet, combine all ingredients over medium-high heat on stovetop.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium; cover and simmer for approximately 20 minutes, or until carrots are almost tender.
- Cook, uncovered, for approximately 10 minutes longer, or until carrots are tender and liquid is reduced to a glaze.
Really good carrots! There were a great side dish to go along with some grilled salmon and rice. Thanks carolinafan. Made for I Recommend Tag.
This is so yummy. Quick to prepare and can simmer on the stove while you fix the rest of your dinner. It has a nice sweet taste that is not overpowering. Just right. We really enjoyed it. I served it with recipe #211485 and a baked potato. Thanks for posting. :)