Prep 35 mins
Cook 10 mins
Oh so good! Adapted from Cooking Live.
Make and share this Honey Ginger Teriyaki Salmon recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons mirin (or medium dry Sherry or sake)
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons cider vinegar (or rice vinegar)
- 1 -2 tablespoon honey
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons peeled chopped fresh gingerroot
- 2 salmon steaks (1/2-inch thick)
- butter (or margarine)
- salt and pepper
- In a small saucepan simmer the sauce ingredients, stirring until honey is dissolved, and sauce is reduced to about 1/2 cup.
- Cool to room temperature in a metal bowl set in a large bowl of water with some ice in water.
- In a nonreactive baking dish large enough to just hold salmon steaks in 1 layer marinate salmon in sauce, turning to coat, about 15 minutes.
- Preheat broiler.
- Line a broiler pan and rack with foil.
- Arrange fish on rack in a single layer, not touching each other.
- Brush with melted butter, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- For a 1/2" steak, it should be 2" away from the heat.
- Cook 3 minutes, turn and cook 3 to 5 minutes on the other side.
Delicious! I opted to cook these on my George Foreman Grill. The flavor is absolutely wonderful and so fragrant! I did make one little addition and add a few pinches of red pepper flakes and 1 tsp. fresh minced garlic. Just perfect! I served this with Japanese cucumber salad and rice with plum sprinkles. Thank you for posting this wonderful recipe! Oyshee!
Yum! Easy and tasty. I pan fried the fish instead of grilling, that was the only difference. I served with koshikari rice. Japanese style salad and miso soup. My kind of meal!!