1/2 Photos of Honey & Ginger Steak Dinner
2 hrs 30 mins
Hope Rock's Note:
So, so, so Good. The Beef is deliciously cooked, to a juicy perfection, which pairs perfectly with the reduction sauce. Adding the cabbage slaw is just the kicker to make this meal complete. I hope you try this and really enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -4 beef tenderloin steaks (1-inch to 1 1/2-inch Thick)
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves (Minced)
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup carrot (Match stick sliced)
- 2 cups chopped savoy cabbage
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/8 cup diced green onion
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch (Thickening Agent)
- 1 teaspoon milk (more or less)
- 1Prepare the sauce, which will be divided equally into about 4 parts. All the sauce will be used in several ways for the making of this dish.
- 2In a medium size bowl combine the following ingredients, Olive oil, Vinegar, honey, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, & salt. Whisk together. If it helps gauge how much to use for each step, separate the liquid mixture into 4 equal parts.
- 3Place steaks in a zip-lock bag and pour the first quarter of the mixture into the bag, add to the same zip-lock bag minced garlic and red pepper flakes. Seal the bag and turn to coat. Marinade in the fridge for up to two hours, turning the bag occasionally.
- 4Meanwhile, make the cabbage salad. Place in a medium bowl cabbage, carrots, raisins, & green onions and mix. Pour about 2 quarters of the liquid mixture over the top and combine to coat. Cover and allow to marinate for up to two hours as well, stirring occasionally.
- 5There should be some liquid remaining, save & set aside. This will be used in the cooking process and ultimately made to a reduction sauce.
- 6Pull the beef out of the fridge and allow to come to room temperature, discarding the zip-lock bag with the marinade in it. The trick to cooking beef is low & slow. Heat a grill pan to about medium-high heat and place the meat into the pan getting the first initial sear for about 30 seconds on each side. Turn to medium-low and allow to cook about 7 more min or so on each side, basting with the remaining liquid that was saved. For medium-rare, the meat yields only slightly to the touch, beginning to firm up. There should be an internal temperature of 130 to 135 (F) degrees.
- 7Once the steak is done, leaving the pan on, remove the steak from the pan and set aside. Allow the meat to rest and redistribute the juices without cutting open, about 5-7 min or so.
- 8In a small cup mix equal parts Corn starch and milk until well combined, pour the cornstarch mixture into the same pan the steaks were cooked in, be sure to mix and combine all the cooked drippings and marinade from the steak. Turn up the heat and stir until thickened and all the flavor has been lifted from the pan. FYI: Add more milk if too thick or add more cornstarch if too thin. Pour reduction sauce mixture into a pouring cup or bowl and continue to whisk until resembling a creamy, gravy texture.
- 9Slice the beef against the grain and arrange on serving plates to about 3-4 oz each. Drizzle reduction sauce across the center of each serving.
- 10Place about 1/2 cup of the Cabbage salad on the side and serve.
- 11Helpful Tips: When it comes to gaging how much liquid mixture to use - If choosing to marinate 4 steaks as oppose to two steaks, place more marinade in the bag. Be sure to place just enough liquid over the cabbage salad until glistening and well coated to taste, avoiding a pool forming at the bottom of the cabbage bowl. -.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey & Ginger Steak Dinner
Serving Size: 1 (187 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 969.6
- Calories from Fat 677
- Total Fat 75.2 g
- Saturated Fat 18.3 g
- Cholesterol 139.7 mg
- Sodium 1635.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 30.8 g
- Protein 35.4 g